Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Love Books!!!

I am so excited! I was going through my parents library and found the box set of the History of the Church. Woohoo! So I have been reading through it for the past week.
Today I looked closer and found they have another box set which contains the Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Doctrines of Salvation 1-3, the Discourses of Brigham Young and a few other books (that we all have in triplicate). I also discovered they have the Life of Joseph Smith the Prophet, by George Q. Cannon.

I just got my own copy of Joseph Smith's "New Translation" of the Bible a couple days ago. It has been great to reference. Especially since I am taking the Old Testament Institute class at church. Today at class I noticed another person using this book.

I am anxiously awaiting my copy of the brand new book The Book of Mormon: The Earliest Text by Royal Skousen. I ordered my copy from Amazon for $23 and after adding some tape I qualified for FREE shipping. I had earned $10 in gift cards and so I only paid $15 and change! Yay!!!

I'm not sure if being this excited about books makes me a nerd or not. Either way, I wish I could find more time to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment